Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Penelope Red Ikat Gold Mini Skirt

Updated: 23rd October 2009

I have just added the Penelope Red Ikat Gold Mini Skirt to my Etsy shop! It is one-of-a-kind, so first in, first served.

I think it looks fabulous in the photos- even if I do say so myself!


Above, is the inside- the lining is 100% silk, in black. All seams have been encased within the lining.


All checks and motifs are matched up as close as possible at all seams. The centre back has an invisible zip, and button at the waistband for the fastening.



As you can see from above, I have recycled this fantastic fabric from a skirt- I think it is from the 70's.


I wanted to introduce to you the Penelope Red Ikat Gold Mini Skirt. I was inspired by my recent visit to the Silk Ikat exhibition- the textures, colours, and embroideries were just beautiful. This is represented in the fabric combination displayed in this skirt.



I love mini skirts! This skirt is a decent mini length- not too short, but short enough!

Please note that these photos are just quick snap shots, and the real photos are going to look so much better than these! I just couldn't wait for those!



Both fabrics are vintage finds. The dark blue floral brocade is a silk/wool blend, and it shimmers slightly in the light as you turn. The gold and navy metallic fabric was recycled from an old long skirt- simply stunning fabric, and it is covered in metallic threads that have been woven throughout the fabric.

This is a one-of-a-kind design. No other skirt will be exactly the same. If you like the shape and style, I have made another colour way: The Penelope Red Kaliedoscope Mini Skirt.

If you would like to order a Penelope Red Mini Skirt in your size, or in other colour ways, please contact me via email: designer@penelopered.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment