Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday is Accessory Day! Stunning Brooches



Zipper Pin white/black by Kate Cusack

I love a good brooch! If you have seen my latest collection of designs, featured on the Penelope Red website, you will notice brooches featured there....




A good brooch can dress up any outfit, and make an otherwise normal top, look dramatic, or quirky or stand out from the rest.


Aren't these zipper pins so interesting and gorgeous?! So much creativity!
Zipper Pin red/black by Kate Cusack



This butterfly brooch is simply stunning! So delicate!

MONET butterfly brooch
from The Dusky Jewel



Peacocks have always been a fascination of mine! I have always loved them, so this brooch has naturally drawn my attention.
Vintage Peacock Brooch from The Dusky Jewel


Besides Etsy, another great way to find brooches is to visit your local markets.



I bought the above brooch from Angus and Celeste at a local market, and it has become one of my favourites!

I also frequently visit the local school car boot sales. It is a fun way to get out of the house, enjoy the sunshine, and maybe grab a bargain! I bought the next two brooches from the local car boot sale.






It is time to start wearing those brooches more often- keep them in a convinient place, so when you get ready to go out, you don't have to go searching for them. It is just another way to add a little bit of glamour to your everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment