Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Tessuti Awards 2009



The Tessuti Awards were on lastnight, at Esmod Fashion School, Sydney. Its a chance for designers and people who love to sew to show off their creations, to like-minded people, so I decided to join in!



Some of the lovely designs are pictured below.....

The neckline of the above dress was gorgeous!




I thought the back of the above dress was very unique! I imagine this to be at home in the Ascot "Breakfast at Tiffany's" scene. Very sophisticated!


Pictured above: myself in my own design (left), and the other design (right) was one I really admired. The detailing was stunning, and very different.



The third dress from the left came 2nd in the LBD category. This dress was probably my favourite of the night, or perhaps the one below, that is pictured with mine.


I couldn't resist also sharing my own design with you... I based my design on the Penelope Red Winter Dress, which had always been inspired by Old Hollywood movies, in particular, "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes", as well as "An Affair To Remember".


My signature is the contrasting fabrics, as well as the sleeve, which, I am proud to say, many people commented on!



All of the fabrics, and the lace used in this dress were purchased from Tessuti, the Surry Hills store. The lace was just beautiful, and once I spotted it, I knew I had to have it!


Above are the finalists for the LBD category


Above are the finalists for the Smart Daywear/Evening Wear category.

It was a fun night had by all, and most importantly, it was a chance to meet other people who love doing what I do!

For anyone who loves fabrics, and you are living in or visiting Sydney or Melbourne, you should visit Tessuti Fabrics. They stock a beautiful range of European designer fabrics, and it is well worth the look.

If you can not visit any of the stores, then take a look at the Tessuti online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment