Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Penelope Red Pleated Neck Blouse


Recently, I have had a little spare time to catch up on some sewing for ME! I adore bright prints and colours, and when I saw this fabric, it just screamed out to me!



I decided to make my own version of the Penelope Red Pleated Neck Blouse, as the fabric was so light and soft, and it will be perfect for summer!


Pictured above is the Penelope Red Monet Pleated Neck Blouse, which can be purchased online or at The Rocks Markets. If you would like a copy, please email me at: designer@penelopered.com.au



I bought this fabric from Tessuti Fabrics, a few months ago. It is a beautiful 100% silk twill.






As I had planned to wear this top with some bright red pants, and my favourite colour is red (obviously!), I chose to highlight the underbust seam with a bright red satin binding.




Since the fabric is silk, I wanted a beautiful finish, so I completed all seams as french seams. I then bound the facing edge too, with satin binding- so no over-locking was needed at all.



A great summer top to wear with jeans, or my fabulous red pants (shown in the previous photos), or a mini skirt... I can't wait for summer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment