Friday, October 30, 2009

The Penelope Red Sweetheart Blouse: A new design!



Last week, I finished a new design: The Penelope Red Sweetheart Blouse.

It is based on the same loose waist/hip fit of the Monet Pleated Neck Blouse, and of course, the bust area has been re-designed, into a lovely sweetheart neckline.



I love the bright colours on the print- bright orange, aqua, red, cream, on a brown background. Placing the bright orange fabric around the bust, and keeping the darker print around the waist, creates an even and flattering silhouette- and you don't even need to have a trim waist for it!



This top is great for the warmer months. Wear it with your favourite jeans, shorts or a skirt- a mini could look really cute with this! I have used gold buttons where the shoulder straps attach to the bust area, so dress it up with some chunky gold jewellery.



I plan to create other sizes in this top- each with different contrasting orange fabric prints. Can't wait!



The blouse is a loose fit from the underbust down. Pleats are at the centre front and centre back. An invisible zip is on the side. You can also very easily wear a strapless bra underneath this top (I am wearing one in these photos)- or some bra straps will fit this style as well.

Follow me on twitter or facebook for more updates of my latest designs and finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment