Thursday, November 26, 2009

Melbourne and Bottega Restaurant

Recently, my sister and I had a girls weekend away in Melbourne. Her husband organised it (isn't he sweet), and I was only too happy to oblige!

We stayed in the city centre, at a very lovely hotel, The Hotel Windsor. A very old-fashioned, elegant hotel. The service was fantastic, and I loved the room! The walk-in wardrobe was almost the size of my sewing-room!


Unfortunately the weather was bad for most of the time we were there, so we didn't get the chance to venture out of the CBD and visit Chapel Street, etc, but the CBD has some lovely alley ways and old-fashioned shopping malls.


We had dinner at "Bottega"- a modern Italian restaurant. I love Italian food! When we arrived, the restaurant was completely booked (lucky our friendly concierge at the Hotel Windsor was happy to book us a table!)- always a good sign that the restaurant is good...

I wasn't disappointed either. We both had the Suckling Rutherglan Lamb, sage, sweetbread and eggplant caponata. Divine!

While the service was a bit slow, I would still recommend this restaurant to those who enjoy a hearty meal, with a touch of refinement. Just only go there when you are not in a hurry!


As we walked around the city, there were so many Churches. There are probably others that are prettier, but this one caught my eye...

No comments:

Post a Comment