Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Penelope Red Winter Coat

I have recently added the Penelope Red Jade Winter Coat to my Etsy site.



It is, so far, my most favourite design I have ever made- which is saying a lot, since I have made well over a few hundred pieces in the past few years!

I originally had made this design in another colour way/fabric choice, for myself last winter. I received so many comments on it, and when I found the fabrics in the Jade and Black coat, I couldn't wait to make more! I am so happy with the finish and quality of this coat- one of the reasons why it is my favourite!

I thought it would be nice to show you the original Penelope Red Winter Coat- The Emerald and Ivory Coat. This is my own personal coat. I love wearing it! It makes me feel like a million dollars as soon as I put it on! I can't help but smile when I wear this coat.


I had originally intended to create the coat using just the emerald and ivory check, and the faux fur trim. However, I started to realise I wouldn't have enough fabric. I am actually glad it turned out this way, as the contrasting panelling gives it that Penelope Red panache which I love!



I decided to also add ivory piping in between the contrasting fabrics, as well as for the welt button holes.


I am starting to realise that tailoring is truly where my heart lies... I love creating intricate coats and jackets, with a certain Penelope Red contrast. Each time I make a coat or jacket, I am learning something new, which I love! When I made this coat, it was the second time I had created one- I had done plenty of jackets and boleros, but not a coat.


I created the coat over the course of a month of late night sewing- and it was well worth it, even if I do say so myself!


The Penelope Red Jade and Black Winter Coat is now available in my Etsy shop. It is a one-off design, as I only had enough fabric for the one copy. So whoever buys this will be the proud owner of a one-of-a-kind Penelope Red Coat, and no one else will ever have the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment