Monday, March 8, 2010

New Style! The Venus Floral Bolero



I have finally had a chance to update this blog with a new Penelope Red design! Introducing the Penelope Red Venus Floral Bolero.



I have deliberately used photos that only show you sections of the bolero, as I want to unveil the whole design in a photo shoot, which will be taking place later on in the month- so keep watching this space for more!

This new cropped jacket design was inspired by Botticelli's "Birth of Venus" painting, and Jane Austen. Read more about this here.



The main fabric is a gorgeous vintage screen printed cotton, which was purchased from an antique dealer a few months ago in Sydney. The ruffle is another vintage fabric, which I have previously used on the Victorian Pink Corset as well. I thought the ruffle accents the bold flowers with a more delicate feel- I like the idea that each woman that wears this has a little boldness to them, but also has a little delicate, feminine side to them as well.



The jacket or bolero has been fully lined, and I have added a lovely pink decorative blanket stitch to the edge of the hem.



I am currently working on other styles that will be a part of this mini-range. I can't wait to show you more! I already have a corset and a gathered neck blouse to include.

Follow me on twitter or facebook for more updates of my latest designs and finds!

Updated on Tuesday 23rd March, 2010: I have added the Penelope Red Venus Floral Bolero to my etsy shop. Please take a look at this beautiful design here!

No comments:

Post a Comment