Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Remember Me": My Movie Review



My sister and I watched the movie, "Remember Me", starring Robert Pattinson and Emilie de Ravin, last night.



I was expecting a half decent movie, with decent people to watch... After all, Pierce Brosnan and Rob Pattinson in the one movie had to be enjoyable to watch! However, I walked away loving Remember Me, and I am still thinking about it this morning, which is why I decided to write about it. Rarely do I see a movie that I constantly think about afterwards. Perhaps the last movie that made me do that was "Avatar".



The movie concentrates on two families, and how they have been dealing with the aftermath of each of their own family tragedy. Those two families are intertwined by the two lovers in the story, Tyler (played by Rob) and Ally (played by Emilie).



I am surprised by the reviews on rottentomatoes.com... there are few that are positive, and it has a pitiful rating. I have no idea why.



The story is actually quite melancholy, and I personally wouldn't really call this a romance (it has romance in it, but to me not enough to really slide into this genre), but if you are looking for drama, then this is a great movie.



Perhaps one of the reasons why I liked it so much was that the ending was unexpected, a bit of a shock, and a little heart-wrenching. I don't want to give it away, but I thought it finished the movie and rounded-off the plot well.



Perhaps the only thing I didn't like about the movie was Pierce Brosnan's attempt at an American accent (or what sounded like he was trying)- but it seemed like he had given up by the time it had reached around half way.



I thought Rob played his character exceptionally well, and I completely forgot about him being Edward Cullen (from Twilight- one of my favourite books) after about 2 minutes into the movie. I look forward to seeing more from this actor, and seeing exactly how versatile he really is.

Follow me on twitter or facebook for more updates of my latest designs and finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment