Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Style: The Mint Regency Blouse and The Venus Skirt



As etsy only allows for five photos per item listing, I like to add a few extra photos to my blog. It gives me a chance to really show you the inside and the outside of my garments- as to me, the finish of each garment is just as important as the design!



The Mint Regency Blouse has been made from a gorgeous polka dotted vintage mint fabric. As soon as I saw it, I just simply had to have it! I only have enough fabric to make around another 2 or 3. The polka dots are in the shades of white, navy blue and beige, and are on a mint green background.

My gathered neck blouse's (the style of the design) have been really popular at the markets, so I will be making other colour-ways in this style.



The lace applied to the neck is a stunning white vintage hand-crocheted lace. It is amazing to think that someone has sat and crocheted every last loop and knot to make this! I was really lucky in finding this lace, and I have recently stumbled across some other laces too. I have no doubt they will all come in handy for my designs!




I have finished off the sleeve edging with a decorated elastic- it makes a nice neat edging, while still being delicate.



All seams are overlocked, and pressed.


The Venus Skirt is a high-waisted number, which really defines your waist, and accentuates your hips- a really curvy number. I guess this is why I gave it the name, "Venus Skirt". It is all about femininity.

The print is quite unique- has a slight "mod" feel to it. The background is a dark brown, with apricot contrast. The contrasting fabric is in apricot too, and it has a slightly textured feel to it of lines.



The hem has been curved to a point at the centre front, as this mirrors the rest of the design.


There is a split at the centre back, and an invisible zip with a large black button for the fastening around the waistband.



All seams and facing edges have been finished off with overlocking.

The Venus Skirt is a really striking design. I like the Mint Regency Blouse worn with it, but you could just as easily wear this skirt with a plain white business shirt and black heels.

Both of these designs are available for purchase in the Penelope Red etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment