Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Black Rose Jade Dress


Introducing the Black Rose Jade Green Dress, the latest style from Penelope Red- I literally finished making it two days ago. This is the same pattern/style as the Black Rose Red Dress that was really popular a few weeks ago at the markets .


I LOVE this colour!!! I have to admit, when I was deciding on the colour, I was a little hesitant, but then I received some assurance from a few lovely ladies, and now I am so glad I made it in this Jade Green colour! (One for me, one for the shop-I am so bad!) As soon as I tried it on, I knew I had to keep one.

The black accentuates the colour even further, as well as adding a little extra Penelope Red feel to it!


I decided to show you a few simple ways in which you can wear this great style. As it really is quite versatile. When some people look at bright colours, they think they are limited to one or two colours. I say you are only limited to your imagination!

I could really imagine this dress with a gorgeous red or pink printed bolero- I just need to find the fabric people!


One of the many great things about this design is that it is so comfortable, and the fabric is so soft (it is made from a rayon elastane knit or jersey)- there are no excuses for needing to wear tights or jeans etc. any more!

Wear it with boots, tights and a big overcoat when it gets cooler; wear it with strappy heels and a full brim hat on the bright spring days.

I decided to make this dress a mid-calf length as full length is a little predictable (and it doesn't suit some of the shorter ladies), and I have done many knee length dresses. I have long legs- so it looks more knee length on me, but for most, this is a mid calf length.


This dress has 6 pleats on the front, and 6 pleats on the back, all spread around the waist. You can have the choice of wearing a great belt around your waist to accentuate it even further. I love wearing a bright contrast- it draws the eye straight to the waist.


Please note, all of these photos were taken outside, in natural lighting, as I wanted to show you the true colour of this beautiful dress. The only photo shop I have applied to these images is cropping.

I currently have this dress in a US size 4, 6, 8 or 10 or an Australian size 8, 10, 12 and 14. If you would like to enquire about this style, please email me: designer@penelopered.com.au

2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely dress - love the ways you have styled it too - very glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalia! I hope people get to see how lovely it looks in the etsy listing. Sometimes I worry that you can't tell what things are truly like through just 5 photos.

    ReplyDelete