Monday, July 26, 2010

Helen's One-of-a-kind Oriental Fireworks Bolero



Last week I completed and posted a One-of-a-kind Penelope Red Bolero to a lovely lady in Melbourne, Helen. She had previously bought the Black Rose Jade Green Dress, and as Melbourne is quite a cold city, a new bolero was needed to keep her warm!



Over an email or two we both decided that the best option was using this beautiful and bright printed cotton to make the bolero. I am so happy with the results!


I call this design The Oriental Fireworks Bolero as the print remind's me of fireworks, and has a definite Asian influence. The print really makes an impact, and it looks great together with the dress. The finish of the bolero is great too- I included vintage buttons from my Aunt's stash.



There was only enough fabric to create one of these bolero's, so lucky Helen has a one-of-a-kind bolero!

Helen kindly wrote some feedback about the bolero and few other items she purchased, and I thought I would share it with you....

"I received the clothes this morning!!! I was like a child in a lollie shop!!

Everything was so gorgeous and fitted perfectly. The Bolero is beautiful. I absolutely love it and it looks divine with the dress. I also tried it on with several other things and it is just fantastic. You have made everything beautifully. The tops are gorgeous; I adore the "Liechtenstein" top- it is my favourite. The red stripe with the bow looks fab as well and the mint green is lovely. All in all great shopping and I will feel very special wearing everything!!! Keep me up to date with all your designs.

Thanks again,

Helen"


It makes me so happy to see my designs sent to good homes!


I have included a few photos of me creating the bolero below....


Cutting out the fabric.


Sewing the outside pieces together.


Sewing the sleeve to the body. I also used cotton interlining to stiffen the outside fabric, and to also make it warmer!


Hand sewing the finishing touches!


You can take a look at my other handmade and unique designs in my etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment