Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Creating "The Red Hour" New Summer Collection


Finally my computer is working!!!! I have not been able to add any new blog postings for 2 weeks now, and I am starting to get withdrawal symptoms. So here I am, back again, and ready to add more and more new posts!

So without further ado, I wanted to show to you the beginnings of my new Penelope Red Summer range, "The Red Hour Collection".

It is called "the RED hour" instead of "the cocktail hour". I began designing this collection by starting off thinking: "what would I love to wear to a cocktail bar or party?"

Then I visited my textile agent, and she had these amazing fabrics! So the ideas just flowed...


The above design is my new Aqua Summer Wrap Around Halter Neck Top. Such a great style, which never dates, paired together with a stunning print- I have a feeling this will sell fast!


The photo above and below is of another cotton print, but you are actually seeing four colourways/swatches of it (2 in each photo). I have so far bought the green/aqua/yellow combination (the top swatch in the photo below), and now, each time I look at these photos I am tempted to buy another, but I am not sure which one... Any suggestions?



From the aqua print fabric, I am also making some flared pants from it. Anyone who knows my style well, knows I love my colourful flared pants!


This next print will be made into a gathered neck blouse, such as the Black and White Nouveau Blouse. This style shape has been very popular in the past 6 months, and as soon as I spotted this fabric, it just screamed Penelope Red!



There will be plenty of other handmade Penelope Red styles to come, and sneak peeks to view. I am hoping to have all the designs made up in the next week, ready for a brilliant photo shoot.

Some of my current styles available to purchase can be found in the Penelope Red etsy shop here:

No comments:

Post a Comment