Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teena's Black and Cream Nouveau Bolero



I created a one-of-a-kind bolero for a lovely customer, Teena, last week. Teena had seen Helen's bolero on my blog, and asked me to create a bright coloured bolero for her, which is similar.

When I was searching for suitable fabrics, I found quite a few brightly coloured cottons, which would have been great for this design, but then this black and cream fabric jumped out at me for some reason.

I had already previously created a black, red and white coat for Teena, and I knew that she loved the graphic contrasting of those colours, so I thought, even though she wanted bright colours, she may still appreciate this print.

Evidently I went with my instinct, and Teena loved it, so here we are!



Teena's feedback was sent to me yesterday:

"I have received the bolero and once again I am very pleased with it. It is a perfect fit and makes me feel good wearing it.", Teena in Perth.

This bolero jacket has been handmade from a 100% cotton print, fused on the inside, and fully lined with polyester lining.





I thought I was pretty darn clever matching up the centre front so well! - look above, yes, that is an opening between those two halves.


I have a box full of old vintage buttons, collected by my Aunt (who is 80) and my Mum. They are buttons from my Aunt's Mum and Mother in law, and my Grandmother. I included two black buttons from this stash on the front of Teena's bolero.



A close-up of the front of The Black and Cream Nouveau Bolero, above.



This bolero has 3/4 sleeves, and the centre front meets edge to edge. It is a loose fit. If you are interested in this style, I have more bolero styles similar to this available in the Penelope Red Etsy Shop, where you can buy online.

They include The Venus Bolero



and The Gothic Coffee Bolero.



No comments:

Post a Comment