Friday, October 15, 2010

How To Organise Your Wardrobe

Each season I try to organise my wardrobe... As in, I sort out the clutter: I go through my older items and decide what to keep and throw out; I sort out my seasonal pieces and decide what I will wear this season; I keep all the pieces I am excited about in my wardrobe, and store everything else.

I do this for several reasons:

1. I mainly do it because my wardrobe space is tiny! Since I live in Sydney, housing is expensive, and storage space is minimal- so I try to do the best with what I have.

2. It is a great way to be re-inspired by whatever you have! Think about it, if you store at least a third of the items in your wardrobe each season, when it comes to the next season you will have all those pieces to choose from- and probably items that you have forgotten about too!

3. It is always nice to be organised, and ready to go whenever you need it. I hate trying to get ready, and then I realise that my shoes are not polished or something doesn't fit as well as it used to!

Many of my friends tell me they have a few wardrobe issues too, and I started thinking that maybe a lot of women have the same situation: many clothes but not sure what they will do with them!

I have created a little video for any one who wants to watch it. You can view it on youtube here:

No comments:

Post a Comment