Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Behind the scenes: Penelope Red Autumn Photo Shoot


The photo shoot for the Penelope Red Autumn Collection took place on Monday. The photos in this post are not the professional photos, but shots that my friend, Melissa, and I took as the day progressed.

Above: Lucy wears the Spinx Orange Blouse with the Olive Hathor Pencil Pants. Vintage jewellery.

The fabulous Cleopatra inspired make up was created by Lucy Topp, and the Gustav Klimt inspired hair was styled by Chris Lau.

We were very lucky that The Wine Odyssey, the Rocks, Sydney, were kind enough to open their doors to us. The Wine Odyssey's back drop was the perfect setting for my Gustav Klimt and Egyptian costume inspired designs.




Above, Bryn the photographer is showing Mariene (right) and I (left) what shot is working and what isn't. I am wearing the Asymmetric Blue Sakhmet Blouse. Mariene is wearing the Olive Silk and Antique Lace Mermaids Dress.



Above, Mariene is wearing a hat created by Raisa (another designer from The Rocks Markets). Monica is wearing the Asymmetric Black Silk Emilie Blouse and a necklace (worn as head piece) by Shirley Ogilvie-Gearin.



Isn't the backdrop just stunning?! Leave it to the Wine Odyssey to provide it for us! Above, Mariene is wearing the Adele Kimono. Hat designed and created by Raisa.



Above, Lucy making sure Monica's make up is flawless! Such a professional!




Above, one of the shots that I particularly love!


Chris Lau adjusting Monica's hair... and she is wearing the Cleopatra Deco Sequinned Top- which took hours and hours of hand sewing the lace on!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penelope, Oh Wow! the shots so far look wonderful, such gorgeous colours and designs, I can't wait to see them in real life, I know these will be big hits as they are all so beautiful, you use such gorgeous textures and colour, I'm sure the professional shots will be amazing. I bet you are really pleased. I think you need to go out and treat yourself and celebrate, take care luv Lorelle x

    ReplyDelete