Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Vintage Finds: cotton prints I currently have in stock

I use vintage fabrics, especially cotton prints, in my fashion designs all the time. They always seem to be very unique and special, and to me, good quality fabric means so much when creating a design.

The following swatches are just some of the vintage cotton prints I currently have in stock. I custom make a lot of my designs out of fabrics like these, and I simply adore collecting fabric!

(I have taken the photo of each fabric with the cutting blade included so you have a point of perspective. The rotary blade is 45mm wide.)

"Cute apples"- vintage cotton in blue, yellow, orange and white on a blue background.

"Pink Gingham"- Pink and white check vintage cotton.

"Green gingham"- Green and cream cotton check.

"Lilac Flower Power"- Large lilac stylised flowers on a cotton drill.


"Strawberry Fields"- red, yellow and green strawberry vines on a denim background.

"Aqua Jewel Stripe"- vibrant jewel tones of orange, navy, green and aqua in a striped cotton.


"Pretty Blossums"- red and blue flowers and a white background. A vintage cotton voile.


"Autumn Blossums"- pretty brown flowers on a very fine and sheer cotton voile.

"Yellow Blossums"- tiny little yellow flowers on a cotton poplin.


"Gold Jigsaw"- a very unique vintage cotton, printed with an unusual gold and black geometric design. The fabric has a sheen to it, as well as the printing. I haven't made a lot with this yet, as its one of those fabrics which I absolutely adore and I want to get the style just right!

All of the above vintage fabrics and more (that are in my collection) can be made into many different Penelope Red creations. Please check out my website at www.penelopered.com if you would like to see more.

















No comments:

Post a Comment